Tuesday 1 January 2019

Dear Jane, Thank you


Back in 2010, I started a campaign from my bedroom when caring for my wonderful mum Joan. Our Letters, Life and Love Stories campaign asked people to write to me to share their personal experiences, so we could celebrate the good stuff and ask questions of the things that were not so good.

This has led to so many people across the world sharing their experiences.
Most letters starting with ‘Dear Tommy.

This morning, travelling on the train I to took time to write my own, a letter of thanks to a wonderful person who has made a difference to my life and so many others:
Professor Jane Cummings, CNO for England.

Dear Jane,

A couple of months back whilst travelling by train, on hearing your announcement to retire, I became a wee bit tearful.
Your generosity of kindness and leadership has had a massive impact on my life, wellbeing and confidence.

Someone once asked me what I learned from caring for my mum Joan , living with dementia. The biggest lesson was that people are kind, that people are remarkable and that people care. All you have to do is take time to listen.

I think my mum was describing you Jane when teaching me this lesson.
You are most certainly kind, remarkable and caring.

My life is so much better for knowing you and so many people who will never have met you, have and will receive better care because of your leadership, passion and kindness.

This son is so very proud to know you, is grateful for your leadership, kindness, inspiration and care.

I have been ever so honoured to share Leading Change ,Adding Value and a key message from you at all my talks and I know, the message from you Jane has  meant so much to so many .thank you for the  opportunity  to share your words


Wishing the very best on your soon to be retirement.


Thank you Jane ,for  leading change and adding value for so many.

Thank you from a son.

Tommy



Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...