Wednesday 10 December 2014

Guest post update via my friend kim Pennock - wool, knit teddies and hugs

Hi Tommy

I have had my eyes opened so very wide this last year. More so than normal due to the ever increasing despair of many who are falling by the way side on the path we now know as the Dementia path.

Some days I have literally screamed at the walls "why isn't something being done" "why aren't more people helping others" "what more can I do"

Some days All I want to do Is to run away and hide as I can't cope with the emotional roller coaster it drags from within the depths of my very heart and soul.

So I came up with an idea to focus on .....collect wool, knit teddies and pass them along to those in care or at home with a diagnosis of Dementia but who have no family to turn too for that often wanted hug.
The support this year, and it's just recently,  has been phenomenal as Malton Knit n Natter group of wonderful ladies stepped in to help me do just that and wonderful people sent me wool from as far as Aberdeen!

Our first batch of teddies are ready to be sent to those in need of a hug whenever they want one;-) So for next year I feel a need to develop this further and try my best, with the help of others, to bring a smile to the people so many seem to forget.


Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...