Friday 1 April 2016

Speaking West College Paisley. health, social care and nursing students April 28th

HI

With Great thanks to Barbara Mackdonald for the kind invite to speak at West College  Paisley. to
health, social care and nursing students


I have had the great honour to speak at the college a few times over the last few years and look forward to returning




you can read the pledges from last years visit below 

With great thanks to Kate Moran Curriculum  Enhancement Lecturer for the kind invite back to speak to   health, social care and nursing staff and students West College Scotland, Paisley. (Formerly Reid College ) 

I  had the great privilege to  meet and speak earlier today with great thanks to Carol and all the students for the kindness and pledges ,you can read the pledges below 
My pledge is to ensure that I continue to educate the student to recognise the softer side of caring.  To listen and use what they hear to care well – Carol Menzies
I pledge to just give that extra time out my day to stop and give that person my undivided attention and someone to talk to and feel secure and safe and feel loved – Carrie-Ann McKeown
My pledge is to listen more and be a shoulder to lean on – Colette Sherrit
My pledge is to make a difference in a positive way in every life I touch on a daily basis, no matter how small.
I pledge to be the nurse that listens and take time to understand how a person is feeling – Shaun
I pledge to be the best nurse possible.  I aim to listen to everything and anything patient and carers need or want to say.  I aim to be that nurse they remember – Amy McFarlane
I pledge to help people with dementia.  I`m doing it on daily basis, I work in care home – Margarita
I pledge to always take an interest in all the dementia sufferers I work with at the care home that I am employed at – Alana Spence
I pledge to remember that everyone in the care home I work in has a story – everyday.  Also, treasure every moment I get to spend with family members and residents suffering from dementia.  Remember Tommy1s talk every single day – It’s an inspiration – Emma Anne Canning
My pledge is to never forget the people’s lives that I learned about today.  The feelings I felt and the daily struggle people living with dementia and their families have.  I pledge to make a difference to the people’s lives I support – Chanelle Rodger
My pledge is to treat all the children within my work with dignity and respect through all tasks.  To be the person they are able to go to on sad times, when they are scared.  I want to be able to notice when something is wrong.  Report to the supervisor to get help from.  To treat each child as an individual.  Forget the disability, they are a person first – Jennifer Scott
I pledge to go that extra mile to listen and learn from cares.  To make sure they are getting the help they need – Kayleigh McGoldrick
I pledge to give the carers time and listen to how they feel as well as taking time to talk to people that suffer from dementia care –Rebecca Doherty
I pledge to care, listen and respect those in my care.  I will always appreciate those that need help and do everything in my power to make a difference to someone’s life – Louise Coyle
My pledge is to always listen to anyone diagnosed with dementia and do anything I can to help them or their families – Claire Edmondson
I pledge I will always ask “how can I help” and help anyone that needs it to the best of my ability – Rosie Brown
I pledge to be the best nurse and supportive person I can be.  To take the time to listen and help everyone who needs it.  To always ask at least one question about who they are – Yvonne Dunn
My pledge is to care and respect all people.  Not to lose my temper as everyone has their own story before they got the disease.  It’s not their fault. To make people shine – Emily Draper
I pledge to listen not only to the individual but also the family/cares, to show dignity as well as understanding – Leanne
I pledge to always show empathy and leave a caring lasting impression with all patients – Gemma
My pledge is to treat people kindly and always listen to them.  I will try my best to be the best nurse that I can be.  I want to make a difference – Hannah Scobie
My pledge is to treat everyone as an individual and take the time to understand and listen to them.  To spend time and not rush – Natalie Lyall
I pledge to take time to get to know the person I am caring for and to offer help and support to families and cares – Danielle Nicol
My pledge is to be that listening ear through good and bad days and treat everyone as a unique individual with dignity and respect –Cassie McCrone
Untitled
Posted in Uncategorized

Tommy 



Previous talks 

A big thank you to all the staff and students from Reid Kerr college health ,social care and nursing for the invite and who took time to attend  my talks .I was a guest speaker there last term along with a few weeks ago and then finally today



Thank you once again, for the opportunity, the questions and I wish all who attend this college the best with their futures caring for others



Tommy   




Hi

with great thanks to all at reid Kerr College for inviting me back to speak to more Nursing Students om May 7TH I was a guest speaker there last year then again back in March of this year

I look forward to meeting more students and speaking about dementia ,caring for my wee mum ,the letters I recieve and familes I have met on my tour

thank you

tommy

a wee look back to my talk in March this year

Hi
I was a guest speaker earlier today to students who attend Reid Kerr college in Paisley A big thank you to Kate the lecturer for inviting me along to speak about My mum, dementia ,caring and the life stories I receive .Also a massive thank you to all the students for their time and questions after my talk .For me the opportunities t speak with the next generation of people who will  be on the frontline across the care sector is of great importance and I hope my story helps bring a bit more understanding 
Thank you to all for today



After the talk I was back out doing more location filming for  the new carer engagement film in partnership (voluntary on my part )with Nhsgg&C – CHP a film based on the letters I receive and my own experience caring for mum

Tommy
Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...