With Great thanks to Health Service Journal (HSJ) in association with NHS England for the great honor to be named on the first ever Health Service Journal (HSJ) Patients leader List
I am so very honored,with great thanks to all the kind people who nominated me,the Judges and all connected with HSJ and the awards
I would like to dedicate this to my Mum,Dad,Irene,Ian,Laura!Sarah,the amazing 'Difference Makers' I have met and who have pledged on my tour across the country and my colleagues at the ALLIANCE
This evening, Health Service Journal (HSJ) announced its first ever Patient Leaders list. Celebrating and recognising the full breadth of patients and citizens’ role in healthcare – from shaping national policy and influencing the NHS nationally, to individuals making waves through being involved in their own care. Around 100 patient, healthcare leaders and guests attended a private reception to network and celebrate their success.
HSJ invited readers to nominate those they thought our judges should consider. A panel of expert judges were asked to review the long list and add suggestions of their own.
50 individuals from across the spectrum of healthcare have made the list.
The judges on the panel were as follows:
· Dr Dominique Allwood, public health registrar, The Health Foundation
· Neil Churchill, director for patient experience, NHS England
· Sir Donald Irvine, patron, Picker Institute and former president of the General Medical Council
· Alan Johnson, MP and former health secretary
· Roger Kline, director, Patients First and research fellow, Middlesex University Business School
· Dr Steve Laitner, practising GP and freelance health consultant
· Annie Laverty, director of patient experience, Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust
· Shaun Lintern, patient safety correspondent, HSJ
· Martin McEwan, interim head of communications and engagement, NHS Leadership Academy
· Sir Nick Partridge, former chief executive, Terrence Higgins Trust
· Joe Rafferty, chief executive, Mersey Care Trust
· Joan Saddler, associate director of patients and communities, NHS Confederation
· Allison Trimble, senior consultant looking after patient leadership initiatives, The King’s Fund
· Giles Wilmore, director for patient and public voice and information, NHS England
Congratulations to everyone who made the list.
For further information please visit www.hsj.co.uk