Saturday 22 August 2015

My personal thanks to First Minister Nicola Sturgeon




This  post was a about a very Private visit to our house a month to the day before mum passed away and I thought I would re- post today - The day mum had a very special visitor 

My campaign is about life stories and understanding and the post below is about time understanding and kindness 

I thank the first minster from my heart for the kindness we felt that day thank you for holding my mums hand ,and continue to do so 


A blog post from August 22nd 2012


Hi

we had a visitor at home Yesterday (we don’t get many) the Deputy First  and cabinet secretary for health Nicola Sturgeon came to visit and meet my mum a very private and personal visit 

It was a very private visit  and the fulfillment of a promise made when we last met to discuss the letters I receive .I am grateful as I have spent a lot of time over the last year discussing my mums life in public on my quest  to raise awareness 

 I first contacted the DFM  over a year ago to tell her of my plans to collect life stories and she promised if I did she would  invite me speak at parliament and take time to read the letters I collected  .

A few months back When we met as I handed over letters , the DFM  asked if she could meet my mum in private at home  
The  MUM behind my campaign As mum is  the biggest part of my life and personal reason I campaign

 I am happy to say that promise was fulfilled  

A private visit a private discussion a very moving and emotional visit .Hearing mums voice as she counted to five holding the DFM hand was a very emotional moment as mum speaking at this time was very rare and I missed her voice so much 

With  mums health and being so frail she is unable to come with me on my talks ,
when I had the privilege of handing over letters and speaking in one of the rooms at the Scottish Parliament last year  I was proud to do so and wished my mum could have been there.Today part of the Scottish Parliament came to meet my mum  in her home and the biggest part of my life and tour was the biggest part of a special day 


With thanks to the DFM for reading our life stories and keeping the promises she has made this son to date and for taking time to meet the mum behind this campaign 

Thank you from a son 

Tommy

With great thank you DFM for coming to address Carers at pre - concert reception Monday  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...