Tuesday 14 June 2011

Carers Week and photos from Glasgow Green Family Funday

Hiya,

This week is Carers' Week. Sometimes being a carer can make you feel like your all on your own. But you're not. There's an army of us across Scotland, hundreds of thousands of us, caring for people at home. Don't try to cope with caring on your own. There's no shame in getting in touch with other people - charities, social work, your GP, your local church - to get information and help.

Carers Scotland have put up a page on their website, letting people know that my tour is still going, as have the Dementia Services Development Centre. Alzheimer Scotland have also put the story as top news item on their site today.

I had a great time at the Family Funday in Glasgow Green on Saturday. Alzheimer Scotland's had support services in Glasgow for 21 years and they wanted to celebrate it with a great day out in the city. We even had some sunshine - well, in the the morning anyway! I met some more people and I was asked to draw the raffle.

Me drawing the raffle, with help from Angi (Dementia Advisor)

I'm going to the dementia cafe at the Helensburgh Dementia Resource Centre (16 East Clyde Street) this Saturday, then I'm off to Kilmarnock on Wednesday 22nd. Don't want to let the grass grow under my feet!

Cheers,

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...