Wednesday 1 April 2015

Meet The Difference Makers every person every pledge




                                          
Hi,

I would like to thank you from my heart NEARLY 3500 ,People have now made a personal pledge - commitment to Make A Difference  for people living with Dementia ,families and carers 

I have had the great privilege to meet so many amazing, caring, inspiring people IN PERSON on my tour across the country on twitter via our Dementia Carer voices Blog and my own TommyOnTour blog.

I have been overwhelmed by the kindness of people and have had many emotional journeys home late at night from talks thinking back to all that happened each daythe people I have met,the pledges that have been made , the stories I have heard and the great initiatives so many people have shared.

There are far too many people to mention in person - this blog piece might never end if I tried!
For me caring is truly all about people and relationships - it’s always people who make the biggest difference of all. I have met so many amazing people and witnessed the greatest relationships of care over the last year.

Thank you for bringing a smile to my heart over the last 12 months, thank you for making such a difference to my life BUT more importantly thank you for the amazing pledges to make a difference for others. 

Thank you from my heart and  from my amazing team mates Irene, Laura and Sarah.

                                                                         

   Click On Links Below for People Places and Pledges  

2015

January



January 2014 

We began the campaign by asking “What does caring mean to you?”
February
19.02.14 NHS Fife
March
April
(08 -10).04.14 NHS Dumfries & Galloway 
May
June
3/4.06.14 NHS Conference
27.06.14 BCDA Birmingham

NHSAAA The People The Pledges The tour - 13 talks July - August 

                                                    
July
August
September
01.09.14  Teesside University
October
13.10.14 More Pledges
November
03.11.14 Online pledges
07.11.14 Burton Hospital
13.11.14  Pledges of the week
24.11.14 The Retreat York
December 
15/16.12.14 Norfolk and Suffolk
You can view our NEW PLEDGE  FILM launched for 2014 with the staff of NHSAAAFirst Minister Nicola Sturgeon CEO NHS Scotland Paul Gray and Chief Nursing Officer Fiona McQueen    here. 
                             
                                            Nicola Film Still 2
                               You Can Make A Difference           
                                              

Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short films here!  

DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...