Tuesday 1 April 2014

Truly honoured Birmingham Heartlands Hospital to name therapeutic reminiscence room ‘The Joan Whitelaw room ‘ in memory of my mum

Hi 

last week I was contacted by  Dr Dawn Chaplin Head Nurse Patient Experience/Clinical Dean for Nursing  Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust and ward sister Helen Seymour to say they would like to name the new therapeutic reminiscence room in memory of my mum ‘The Joan Whitelaw room ‘ after a few tears I replied to say how honoured I feel as a son and thank you

in fact a few tears are coming as I type this

I had the great privilege to speak at the hospital last month for Sam Foster and Diane Eltringham in the lecture theatre and met the  great kind caring compassionate  team who work there
Dawn, Helen and the team  have been using our short films and got to know my mum and our story and have so kindly asked to remember mum is such a special way 

Thank you Dawn ,Helen, Sam, Diane and all the team at  Birmingham Heartlands Hospital you have brought a smile to a sons heart today I look forward to coming down later this year to speak at the conference and for the unveiling of the plaque by Helen and say thank you in person

Thank you for the great kindness thank you from a son and from my heart “the kindness of people “

Thank you Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust

Tommy   






2 comments:

  1. The world still has very lovely people with caring hearts! Such a fabulous tribute to both you Tommy and your dear wee mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to do, so pleased for you. Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...