Thursday, 20 June 2013

A busy day St. Andrews house - talk at RCN Scotland then back to teamDCV workshop

Hi

I was up and out bright and early today to travel to Edinburgh. My first stop was a brief chat with David from the Scottish Government's Mental Health Team at St Andrew's house.We had a wee chat about how things are going and a few ideas I have for the future.

I then headed round to the Royal College of Nursing head office for a presentation to the board members.With great thanks to all for their time and enthusiasm also a big thank you to Dr Debbie McGraw from the board who invited me.

I then met with a student from Edinburgh University to do a quick interview for her dissertation and paper on dementia and journalism.

I then hopped on the train back to Glasgow to catch end of the ALLIANCE Scotland's network event where Dementia Carer Voices had one of the workshops and I have to say a big thanks to Christopher and Andrew for hosting the DCV workshop so well, it seemed that all had a great time. A big thank also you to Nancy and Kerry from the ALLIANCE  for putting together what seemed from the feedback to be a great network event.

I was sorry not to be there but had arranged my talk in Edinburgh a while back.

So I'm home now and getting organised for the NHS Releasing Time to Care Event at Hampden Park where I will have a wee stand for the day and I am also one of the guest speakers.

The awareness campaign goes on




Tommy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000

This week Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000 we have received over the years on our ‘Y...