Wednesday 25 February 2015

Caring For a Loved One with Dementia - are you a carer ? Have you caredfor a loved one - can you help


                                           

I cared for my amazing wee mum for nearly five years and like so many others faced countless struggles on the way. This campaign has allowed me to meet amazing, loving, caring people all across the country going through and supporting others with similar experiences.
I want use the information, thoughts and opinions from Carers -  carer groups, professionals and families I meet and share these with the people who can make a difference to the lives of people affected by dementia. My story is not enough you can help and be part of this opportunity to describe living with and caring for a loved one with this condition.
I also want to promote the good services that already exist in the hope it encourages other to go and get the help already in place and they deserve.
Please help. Get in touch share you’re story tell me about services in place that bring comfort and help to you, lets work on the negatives and promote the positives and celebrate the good help and service we have so others can know about and access them.
When I was caring, I did not know what help was available and even when I did was uncomfortable with asking for help,I don’t want others to live the way we lived, I want them to know about  help they can get and let them know from a carers’ point of view the difference a little bit of help and understanding can make to your life. 
There are many things I personally wish where in place to bring help and comfort, but for me not knowing or having access to help that already exists is a tragedy in itself
You can share you story - experiences good or bad via Tommy.Whitelaw@alliance-scotland.org.uk
Tommy

                                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...