Sunday 1 February 2015

1/2 Million Thank Yous Forsupport #Blog #Films #Talks #Letters #Pledges #People



Hi

A massive thank you from my heart. Over the last year, in fact the last years since I started a campaign from my bedroom whilst caring for my beautiful mum I have met the most amazing, kind and caring people, in person via my blog, by letter, email and Twitter 

I started a campaign as Mum and I were painfully lonely and struggling to cope or understand what was happening within, around and beside us.

I want to thank you all for the great kindness, encouragement, guidance and support we have had since the campaign started with my walk to collect life stories, then on to the Dementia Carer Voices project to this present day.

Over the the last year I have given around 180 talks and well over 300 since the campaign started. I have been so lucky to have had the opportunity to make many FILMS and try my best to raise awareness, always as a son, and trying to keep the promise I made my mum.

I am so overwhelmed that we have now reached what I believe is over half a million views, reads, pledges on my blog, films and tour, speaking to around 12,000  people on my tour this year alone.


                                            
                                     
                                       




Thank you for the kindness for the support and for the great encouragement.

Thank you from my heart, I am so glad to know you and you have made such a difference to my lost and lonely heart.


                               



                            


Tommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...