Friday, 26 September 2014

The lights are bright ,but I have nowhere to go


Hi 

I spend most of my days on trains,traveling to and back from talks and all of my nights at home alone 
It has been a very busy year with a total of 178 talks from January to December confirmed 
I think I am at talk 140 after today 

I arrived Glasgow Central just after 10pm this evening after attending and speaking at a wonderful patients stories event in Hatfield Hertfordshire this is quite a theme of late 

It's Friday night and the bright lights of Glasgow are shining and full with people moving between resteraunts and bars ,Glasgow certainly is a vibrant lively city at weekends 

I spent a big  part of my life touring before caring for mum and most nights working at concerts and going out afterwards every night felt like a Friday night back then 

For the last 7 years I have hardly been out when caring for mum for 5 years this was not an option or possible and sometimes what you don't do or see you do not miss 

 since mum passed away I have been putting all my efforts in to trying to keep the promise I made to mum and to those who send Their stories to try and make a difference as best I can 

Walking through town tonight to get the bus home watching people enjoying a Friday night with friends I realised no matter how bright those lights are I have nowhere to go ,my campaign  I feel and hope has grown but life has stood still 

I keep meeting so many amazing inspiring people and today was no different the people I met inspired me ,the problem is tonight is also no different  as I walk through the door to this dark and lonely house I call my home 

The lights tonight in town are left behind in many ways much like the life I used to know 

Tommy 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

Putting care at the heart of our communities

“Our residents do not live in our work place, we work in their home.” I have been sharing this quote from a care home worker and ...