Friday 27 December 2013

Caring, are or Have you cared for a loved one with dementia? Then your words can help


Caring, Have you cared for a loved one with dementia? Then your words can help



Hi  
I have been collecting life stories, thoughts and opinions from people over the few years that has helped me to paint a picture of caring for a loved one with dementia.
I have taken the information from these letters to the Scottish Government, Social Work departments in Councils, NHS and beyond.
My promise is to do all I can to raise awareness to wider society. I am using the life stories, thoughts and opinions to the people I feel need to hear them. Not as a petition, not in protest, but to bring more understanding and raise awareness of the lives we lead. Can your story help others? If you would like to help me do this, then please send your thoughts to tommy@i-woz-there.com, or complete our online survey here.
The letters I have received to date have raised motions at councils and produced papers at SW with more papers in the pipeline.
I hope your words can help me do this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...