Sunday 1 December 2013

#Dementia my motion passed Glasgow City Council ,Can you help , do you havequestions meeting December 15th

Hi 

Whilst caring for my mum and as part of my Tommy on Tour campaign I had a motion passed at Glasgow City Council as per below 

Glasgow City Council now has a working group based on my motion 

I have since left this working group but I have been asked to return on December 15th to give a presentation on my Dementia Carer voices project ,discus my reasons for resigning from the group and put forward any questions or issues I may have 

You can help 

Is there anything you would like me to bring up on December 15th you can send any questions to tommy@i-woz-there.com 

Motion 

This motion was passed on the life stories of families who sent me letters and e mails ,our lives in our own own words I hope you can help me collect more thoughts and opinions before the next meeting to keep this a motion by people for people you can send you’re thoughts to tommy@i-woz-there.com
With thanks to all who passed this especially Cllr McDonald Cllr Flanagan Cllr Kerr and Ann Cumming from SW GLASGOW


MOTION
Council recognizes the inspirational efforts of Tommy Whitelaw in raising awareness of the issues effecting the carers and families of people suffering from Dementia through his “Tommy on Tour” campaign
Council agrees to set-up a Cross Party Working Group to engage with carers and to ensure that the services provided to carers are appropriate to the needs of the carers and those suffering from Dementia and that the Working Group’s findings be presented by Council to the Scottish Government.
Tommy
Son, awareness campaigner
#rememberjoan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tommy can you ask if there will be any funding for hospitals to have dementia wards shorter admittance times ,and even dementia nurses .
    Many Thanks ( can i come ) lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...