Wednesday 1 October 2014

Sometimes the tears don't want to stop



That’s the thing about crying ,once you start it feels impossible sometimes for them to stop 

I have  hope and passion in my heart to campaign and raise awareness and that’s when I feel my strongest ,but at home especially at night missing my wee mum who I cared for 5 years who cared for me all my life ,the tears are my only friend 

I now have a clearer picture of what happened over the last years ,especially the last months ,while caring for my mum 
we concentrated on getting through each day ,we tried to keep pace with all mum was facing and all I to often I struggled to witness. and even though I felt the sadness even though I cried myself to sleep on many occasion I never had much time to think to deeply or dwell on those feelings 

now  time is all I have and the reality of all mum faced all those struggles and all that sadness overtakes the good memories ,I hope time changes this, I hope one day  I think back though never forgetting but with better memories 

when I cried before when looking after mum ,she always managed to make it better, with a smile or her love. Sometimes now I don’t know what will make it better ,sometimes the tears don’t want to stop

Tommy

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could wipe your tears away but would only join you and then there would be more:-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are an incredible man and I am humbled by your honesty and your heartfelt lifestory. #proudtoknowyou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...