Monday 13 October 2014

Alex Neil Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing pledges to make a difference

Hi 

with great thanks to Alex Neil for his pledge and ongoing interest in our Dementia Carer Voices project 

I am very honoured to have the opportunity to meet with and report to the Cabinet Secretary  
twice a year 


Thank you for the pledge taken from a short film we shall be launching soon on the make a difference tour 


Alex Neil Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing pledges to make a difference  
 

My pledge is to speed up the support and facilities for people with dementia in Scotland. 

I am very, very committed to the dementia agenda.

My late father himself suffered from Alzheimers, so I’m very aware of the challenges that people with dementia and their carers and families have.

And while we are making enormous strides in Scotland, I want to do more, much more to help people with dementia and their carers and families and friends.

It’s more than awareness-raising, because I think involving people with dementia and their carers in decisions about what they need is absolutely crucial – and I think that is a unique situation in Scotland. In fact, I was interviewed by Japanese television on this very point and I believe people in Japan and many other countries will want to follow the experience of Scotland and include people with dementia in policy-making, precisely so that their views are part and parcel of what actually happens in terms of public support and development of facilities for people with dementia in Scotland.




Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...