With great thanks to Lorna Hall RD Development Manager Primary Care and Primary Care Division| Scottish Government| for the Kind invitation to take part in their workshop
A Care Odyssey- The Transformation of Primary Care'
The workshop will be chaired by Dr Frances Elliot , Deputy Chief Medical Officer Scottish Government. and I will be interview by Dr Anne Hendry from the Joint Improvement Team in the Scottish Government
the workshop outline is as follows
Using patient stories we will:
• explore the world of primary care in 2020
• identify how we got there, and how we moved from good ideas to sustainable new models
• consider the impact of Multimorbidity on primary care
• get an international perspective from Dr Renee Lyons, the Bridgepoint Chair in Complex Chronic Disease at the University of Toronto.
introduction by David Thomson, Deputy Director of Primary Care
· 15 minute interview with yourself –
· 40 minute discussion in groups of 10 at each table
· Final presentation from Dr Renee Lyons Bridge point Chair in Complex Chronic Disease at the University of Toronto, Canada
i feel very honored to have been invited to take part and lok forward to meeting everyone and learning from the people I meet