Friday 20 March 2015

University of Stirling Highland Campus Nursing Students add their pledges



Hi

With great thanks to Michelle Beattie Lecturer, School of Nursing Midwifery & Health, University of Stirling Highland Campus Inverness for the kind invite to speak to 3rd year nursing students
On march 

I have had the great privilege to speak at the University  before a few years back as part of our tour with  NHS Highland and look forward to meeting everyone and speaking again,Ruth Mantle Dementia Nurse Consultant NHS Highland will be 
Partnering me at the talks as part of our on going make a difference work with her across the highlands 

You can read the pledges below or find out more about the University at the link here rms.stir.ac.uk/converis-stirl…

you can also follow Michelle on Titter @BeattieQi 


Great thanks to Michelle Beattie, Lecturer, Nursing Midwifery & Health, University of Stirling Highland Campus, Inverness and the inspiring 3rd year nursing students for the kind invite to speak, the inspiring pledges and wonderful messages of support on twitter.CBCqFNpW8AAmdYK image2
Great thanks to Michelle Beattie, Lecturer, Nursing Midwifery & Health, University of Stirling Highland Campus, Inverness and the inspiring 3rd year nursing students for the kind invite to speak, the inspiring pledges and wonderful messages of support on twitter.
image5
CBCqFOuWQAExhq9 CBCqFPdW4AEAN7f

Have a browse of the fantastic pledges below:

I pledge to take time to listen to my patient’s stories – Rachel Baird
I pledge to listen to my patient’s and carers and share and learn from their stories and experiences – Stephanie Jackson
I pledge to listen whenever someone wants to share their feelings with me – Egbert
I pledge to treat others with kindness and respect – Claire Gallagher
My pledge is to understand the life and history of all my patient’s –Becky Smart
My pledge is to be caring, kind and most of all compassionate and understanding a patient’s journey – Elizabeth Robertson
I pledge to be caring and understanding to people. Be aware that nursing care is not entirely about medical/clinical interventions, it’s about holistic care.
I pledge to make everyone I meet feel like they matter and are important and to always ask “is it okay if I do that” before giving care to a patient.
I pledge to listen to families about their loved ones – Fiona MacLennan
My pledge is to provide support for people with dementia and their cares from an individual person-centred view.  Taking into account the person they are and their preferences – Kath Barrow
My pledge is to go down to the level of understanding the family/relatives feel “the extra mile” – Santiago
I pledge to not forget the person behind the diagnosis.
I pledge to make a difference – Marion MacLeod
My pledge to be the best nurse I can be and every person I meet with dementia, I want to make them smile – Hannah Lewis
I pledge to never forget why I do this, it’s not just a job, its people’s lives – Danielle Aitken
I pledge to be the best that I can for both patients and their cares by promoting dignity and kindness – Eleanor
I pledge to take the time to treat people with respect and kindness –Fiona Brown
I pledge to always give people time, regardless of how busy I am, to really listen and to do everything I can to really make a difference –Gillian Caldwell
I will always make or find the time to listen and help – Nicola
I pledge I will always make time to listen and support cares/families –Aimee
I pledge to recognise and respect each person and their loved ones as individuals – to listen – Eilidh
I want to make a positive difference to people`s lives and help break the stigma of mental health – Demi Velzian
I pledge I will always treat dementia suffers as if they were my mum/brother/granny/granda – Leanne Scott
I pledge to always have the time to stop and listen, so that I can try to help – Jillian Campbell


Thanks for reading my blog, You can now view my 8 short flims here! http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-mums-name-was-joan-this-is-our-story.html
DCV photo DementiaCarerRGBlandscape3_zpsa2f3d5ff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...