Thursday 9 May 2013

Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland Info - Membership


Hi 

My  Dementia Carer Voices  project based on my Tommyontour campaign is hosted at the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE)
I wanted to be mentored by Irene Oldfather who I have great respect for when the opportunity arose to take my campaign from my bedroom and look forward to doing all we can over the next 2 years 

you can find out  more about the ALLIANCE  and the work they do below 

Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) is the national third sector intermediary body for health and social care. The strength of the ALLIANCE is in bringing together organisations and individuals to ensure the voice of people who are disabled, living with long term conditions and unpaid carers is heard. The ALLIANCE welcomes organisations of all sizes and individual people (including people with long term conditions and unpaid carers) to join.

You can read more about ALLIANCE membership and join online at their new microsite membership.alliance-scotland.org.uk  or get in touch with Nancy Greig, Network Development Officer at nancy.greig@alliance.org.uk




1 comment:

  1. margaret gallacherJune 08, 2013

    hello tommy, first of all condolences to you and yours on loosing your mum.a neighbour and friend had heard you speak at dundee un iversity and knowing im caring for my mum , was telling me about your very down to earth approach and information packed talk.she gave me the leaflet 'tommy on tour'and here i am writing to you.my name is margaret gallacher. between myself and 26 year old , oldest daughter, we have taken on the care of my 75 year old mum , jessie gallacher.our journey, though it has barely started , i know, has been full of ups and downs. not sure where to start!! but just wanted to say that im going to read as much as i can now about ALLIANCE and try and find out more about my mums condition, to make life more understanding for us all.will look forward to catch up on all your info and hoping can help us get thru this. thank - you , margaret gallacher. last but not least , i admire your commitment to this cause , esp knowing first hand the Carers position in all this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...