· Angus Long Term Conditions Support Group is holding a range of open doors events from Wednesday 25th September until Monday 30th September across Angus (in Carnoustie, Brechin, Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose). These events are an opportunity to find out more about the support groups and find out more about one of our members.
Tuesday 1 October
· A Self Management Health Walk around Glasgow Science Centre on Tuesday 1st October, the agenda and press release are attached. The event starts at 11am and is likely to finish about 1pm (you will also get the chance to check out the Body Works exhibit).
Wednesday 2 October
· The launch of ‘Emotion Matters training resource’. The event starts at 10am in the ALLIANCE office. Emotion Matters is an online training that has been developed to increase understanding and awareness of the psycho-social aspects of living with a long term condition and provide skills that will enable more holistic, collaborative and person centred care. There will be ALLIANCE professional associate members attending so it would be great to have ALLIANCE staff at this event.
· The Self Management Awards will be held at the Scottish Parliament on Wednesday 2nd October from 6pm-8pm. This will be a good networking opportunity with our members and to raise awareness of Self Management among MSPs. The film produced with Sir Chris Hoy will be launched at this event. For those of you who are new to the ALLIANCE, this is a great event to come along to. We would encourage all staff to attend if possible!
Friday 4 October
· NHS Education Scotland is holding a Supporting Self Management Learn and Share event. The event will be held from 9.30 – 1.30pm in Edinburgh, venue to be confirmed. This will be an opportunity to share ideas and experiences about supporting the workforce to support self management.
· Let’s Get On With It Together, part of Highland partnership supporting self-management is holding an open doors event in Inverness on 4th October from 10-4pm. There will be chair yoga, therapeutic gardening amongst other things available.
· Therapy 4 Health is also having an open doors event, in Brandon House, Hamilton. Therapy 4 Health support people to try out a whole range of therapeutic approaches. The open doors event is open from 11am – 2pm.