Wednesday 1 February 2012

A Week Today................................

Dear all
A week today I have A private meeting with the deputy first minister to discuss the findings on my campaign ,the letters ,the groups I have attended ,the people I have met and life caring for my mum
As my mum struggles with dementia, I as a son struggle to witness this tragedy  
A year ago when I decided to make my mums dementia public I had no  way of asking her permission if this was ok ,a decision I did not take lightly ,would my mum be ok with this ?
Well I believe the answer is yes, as my mum is a wonderful caring woman who helped many people when she was fit and well
Well now my mum needs help, AS DO  I as a son and a carer need help ,along with thousands of others across Scotland
Many of you have contributed to help me paint a picture of living with dementia and life as a carer,
And I ask one last time for help I ask one last time for help in telling the story of caring for someone you love in Scotland today  

HAVE NO DOUBT I WILL BE HONEST ,TRUE ,AND SPEAK FROM THE HEART AT THIS MEETING.
I AN GREATFULL  FOR THE DEPUTY FIRST MINISTERS CONTINUED INTRESET IN THIS CAMPAIGN ,AND ANY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS AND MOSTLY LIFE STORIES WILL KEEP THAT INTERST GOING
THIS IS A CHANCE, DON’T WASTE IT AS I CERTAINLY WONT


TOMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...