Saturday, 24 March 2012

Carr Gomm, Back to Where it All Began,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi
I will be speaking at the Carr Gomm Forum this Thursday,this was the first group involved in caring that I had contact with and the first place I ever got the chance to talk about my campaign and speak. at an organised event
Last year when I started this campaign I printed my own T-shirts , posters along with producing key rings to raise awareness. The shops at the top of my street really got behind and I am so thankful for that .Anyway Carr Gomm have an office at the top of my street amongst the shops, I walked in one day to ask if I could hang up a wee poster. This has produced a great friendship the staff are amazingly helpful and encouraging and invited me to speak at their forum last year to promote my awareness campaign.More than that Irene Edgar has become a good friend and supporter and over the last year has sent me a letter, accompanied me to Parliament appeared in my film and amazingly her son composed the music for the film On a personal note its great to know  Irene’s door is always opened to help if I need advice on caring for my mum or a friend to chat with ,I don’t use this offer as much as  I could ,but just knowing I can is a great help. An amazing friendship all because of asking to hang a poster up one day .so it’s a true privilege to be asked to speak again at this years forum to update on the progress since my first very nervous and very short talk a year ago
This whole campaign was built on the amazing help and community spirit from shops I go into on a daily basis they wore my shirts hung up my posters put articles from newspapers in the windows and I truly found the confidence to reach out further and was inspired by the people who run the shops and offices in my local area
Tommy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

‘What Matters to You? launches summary report for 2017

What Matters to You? launches summary report looking back at What Matters to You? Day 2017. The  2017 What Matters to You? Day (WMTY ...