Thursday, 8 March 2012

Today at St. Margaret of Scotland Hospice

Hi
A wee bit disappointed in my talk today, I kind of lost my way a little and hope anyone who attended will forgive me for getting a wee bit emotional and mixed up. Earlier today my mum and I attended the funeral of my cousin and i had many things going through my mind before going up to talk. The sadness of saying goodbye to a family member along with meeting friends an family, many of whom we have not seen in such a long time played heavy on my mind..As a son and carer you disguise the effects watching a mum you love succumb to all that dementia brings has on you And today was one of the days I could not hide the sadness in losing a cousin,witnessing my mums daily struggle with dementia and my daily struggle to be a good son and carer
Sorry if my talk was a wee bit back to front, but most days feel back to front just now

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

‘What Matters to You? launches summary report for 2017

What Matters to You? launches summary report looking back at What Matters to You? Day 2017. The  2017 What Matters to You? Day (WMTY ...