Friday 23 August 2013

Today Meeting Carerslink team ( honorary member )

Hi 

I will be meeting Norman from Carerslink Milgavie  today for a catch up and update on his and my own progress .Carerslink have been great supporters of my awareness campaign since day one ,in fact Alex came to Parliament to support me on my first visit to hand over life stories .Alex has just retired , so I send great thanks for his support ,encouragement and wish him the best for the years ahead 

Looking forward to seeing Norman who runs the dementia / carers side at Carerslink .I was proud to be made an honorary me members of Carerslink a few months black 


Honorary member 

Well I am very proud to have been informed that I have been made an honorary member of Carers Link for my awareness campaign,Its lovely and its been a tough often since  my wee mum passed away and this campaign started with her story so I am really proud and feel privileged,  especially  to recieve this from  an amazing group of carers and people who support carers like I was in their community

Thank you and you have brought both a smile and some tears today and t look forward to the AGM and accepting on behalf of my wee mum and all the life stories and families I have met on my wee awareness campaign

Tommy

Hi Tommy you have been nominated for Honorary Membership of Carers Link by a Carer because of your campaign to raise awareness for people with dementia.  The board unanimously agreed that you merit the Honorary Membership (only the third in our history) and it will be mentioned in Jennifer’s speech at the AGM.

Regards
Alex Sinclair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...