Wednesday 13 November 2013

Highland tour Day 2 - update 2 - 3 talks at the University of Stirling Highland Campus Center for Health Science





Hi,

Firstly a big thank you again to the wonderful Ruth Mantle NHS Highland for putting another great day of talks, meetings and learning together. 

After my visit earlier this morning to the Alzheimer Scotland Resource Centre we headed over to the University of Stirling Highland Campus Centre for Health Science, for 3 talks lined up in the main auditorium. 

The first and third talk was open to all -  Carers, health and social care professionals with the middle talk to the pre reg nursing students from the university. 

Thank you so much to all who took time to attend the three talks and for the feedback and engagement. 

Personally this was an amazing experience and opportunity to raise awareness.  My voice is hoarse from 5 hours of talks but I am inspired by the people I met and grateful to all who took time to attended. 

A great day of awareness with NHS Highland. 

Thank you from a son #inspired.

Tommy


Some of the kind nursing students from the 2nd of three talks today    



My mums name was Joan Whitelaw - my 4 short films 
http://tommy-on-tour-2011.blogspot.com/2013/10/my-mums-name-was-joan-whitelaw-my-3.html?spref=tw. Carer experiences, caring for mum, it's ok to ask and Care Inspectorate talk #Dementia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...