Thursday, 6 December 2012

A wee photo of my mum that made my heart smile


I am trying to figure it all out ,looking back over 5 years caring for mum and her journey with dementia ,in many ways I need more time to get a clearer perspective as the last years where tough for mum and tough to witness ,the last months so sad to witness and to often  feeling quite helpless .I do quite a bit of crying just now when at home alone .when I cried before my mum always no matter what she was facing would revert back to making sure I was comforted ,how magic is that .always when it got to much for me ,not her for me she found a way to make it betters
Anyway about two years ago I found some tapestries I had brought back fro my travels many years before and got them framed , I found this photo of my mum showing us the dance movements from them as we hung them on the wall and it just made my heart smile when I was sent the photo the other day .once again my mum although no longer with us can wipe away her sons tears and turn them to a smile and I ask you one thing how brilliant is that



Tommy  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000

This week Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000 we have received over the years on our ‘Y...