Thursday, 6 December 2012

Attending Pollok carers Christmas dinner tonight

Hi
I am off this evening to the Pollok carers Christmas dinner at the Crookston Hotel as with last week when I had my first night out in 3 years I am very nervous about my ability to socialize   after 5 years of caring for my wee mum and the hours in-between caring where at first filled with a sense of loss on what to do and for the last year razing awareness. As computable and passionate as I am in doing talks going out sociably feels like a mountain to climb,but I look forward to the dinner with Linda her team and the carers and young carers they work with and support .I received support from and have  been a guest speaker at Pollok  carers a few times  and have got to know a few people who attend the groups along with on social media. Tommyontour is one thing .Thomas whitelaw and his ability to be part of a social occasion is quite another .
 Tommy
 a wee photo from my talk at Pollok carers last month

1 comment:

  1. Everybodys pushing you up that hill tommy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000

This week Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000 we have received over the years on our ‘Y...