Thursday 3 October 2013

Back home after a busy few days a few thank you's




Hi 

Well I set of around 7 am Tuesday morning To attend the carers parliament through in Edinburgh later that evening I was at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh to attend  the AGE SCOTLAND awards being held in the garden lobby . With great thanks to all at Age Scotland feel very honouredTo have received the Jess Barrow award 2013 for campaigning and influencing ,thank you from a son 

I then got the train back through to Glasgow to catch the overnight train to Cardiff to speak at the Alzheimer Wales conference with great thanks to Sarah Rochia and Sue Phelps for the invite and opportunity 

I would like to thank Sarah Rochia older peoples commissioner for wales for arranging and organising this opportunity and for taking time within her busy scheduled to show me around Cardiff and chat ,Thank you Sarah and all who attended the event for such a kind welcome 

I  left Cardiff that same evening to catch the overnight  train Cardiff to Edinburgh to  speak at the productive Hannah Mackey   ageing summit earlier today ,with thanks to all who took time to attend my workshop and talk 

I finally got back home to Glasgow this evening A lot of traveling ,a few talks and I hope much awareness was raised 

Time for a long bath and bed 

Thank you to all of the above for the invites ,inclusion opportunities and kindess 

Tommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...