Saturday 12 October 2013

I just miss you mum


I miss my mum , today is one of those days when the tears won't stop ,and the memories are a constant in my mind , I switch between the torutre that was was watching and witness dementia take such a cruel grip of mums life and the smiling eyes , kindness and caring magnificent person that was my mum

I switch between those magnificent memories of mum and the memories of the struggle to keep pace with dementia and give my mum the care she needed and deserved

I feel turmoil inside sometimes and the the only thing that is crystal clear is I miss my mum and this broken heart will never mend


1 comment:

  1. Although days like that are difficult they're all part of the journey and memory. I lost my dad 5 years ago, think about him everyday and was heartbroken. Your mum would be so proud of you Tommy as a son and for your campaigning work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...