Wednesday 30 October 2013

Today meeting at Caledonian University - back to see great friends - talks December - January


Hi 


I will be popping in to see some of the lecturers tomorrow at Glasgow Caledonian  University to chat about some new talks I have been invited back to do over December and January 

I had the great Honor earlier  this year to speak to students -Nursing - Mental Health and social science students  including a talk in the main lecture theater    

I also have a meeting there to discuss the pre concert reception and exhibition  as part of our "celebration of caring " Concert  January next year 

looking forward to the meeting and future talks 



a wee post from earlier this year 

Thank you Caledonian University Nursing & Mental health Students


As a son who cared for his mum Joan  for five years and would be awareness campaigner , I would just like to thank Caledonian university for inviting me  over the last 3 weeks to speak to the Mental Health and Nursing Student.
 


A big thanks to  Lecturers  Andy Lowndes Margaret ,Caldwell Jackie Gillespie and Lesley Mcnab and last but not least the inspiring students 

Today was the last of the three talks, I really appreciate everyone taking the time to listen to my wee story about my mum Joan  and the life stories I have collected.

Thank you for the incredibly kind messages  I have received today and over the last few week from these inspiring students .  I wish everyone of them the best in their  journey ahead which ever field of car they work in.


Tommy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...