Friday, 15 March 2013

busy emotional week of talks, thank you for the privilege


A busy emotional week of talks, thank you for the privilege


The last week has been quite a busy week. I have done 4 talks over the last 5 days to Nursing ,mental health students and a carer group .This my real passion. I hope taking the story on caring for my wonderful wee mum .the letters I receive and families I meet on my tour  to the widest audience possible adds a bit more understanding and I hope value. My first talk was on Monday to social care students at Cardonald College then Wednesday to 500 nursing students at Caledonian University ,on Thursday I met with carers at Lockerbie carer group and finally Today Friday I spoke to mental health students at Ayr college


I would like to say thank you to all who attended and invited ,for taking time to listen to a sons story. I hope it added some small value to all who attended ,that’s not for me to say .So thank you

I feel a bit emotionally drained to be honest as the heart of my story is about my wee mum who I miss very much. but I feel  it’s important to tell this story in the hope it help raise awareness and understanding  


Tommy   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000

This week Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000 we have received over the years on our ‘Y...