Friday 15 March 2013

busy emotional week of talks, thank you for the privilege


A busy emotional week of talks, thank you for the privilege


The last week has been quite a busy week. I have done 4 talks over the last 5 days to Nursing ,mental health students and a carer group .This my real passion. I hope taking the story on caring for my wonderful wee mum .the letters I receive and families I meet on my tour  to the widest audience possible adds a bit more understanding and I hope value. My first talk was on Monday to social care students at Cardonald College then Wednesday to 500 nursing students at Caledonian University ,on Thursday I met with carers at Lockerbie carer group and finally Today Friday I spoke to mental health students at Ayr college


I would like to say thank you to all who attended and invited ,for taking time to listen to a sons story. I hope it added some small value to all who attended ,that’s not for me to say .So thank you

I feel a bit emotionally drained to be honest as the heart of my story is about my wee mum who I miss very much. but I feel  it’s important to tell this story in the hope it help raise awareness and understanding  


Tommy   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...