Friday 1 March 2013

Just home from Alz Scot Bridging the Gap event Helensburgh

Hi

I was through in Helensburgh earlier today with Chris attending  the Alzheimer Scotland  bridging the Gap Event. Chris who works on the Dementia Carer Voices project is a local lad so I had a wee tour of Hellensburgh by foot added in .The dialogue event was set up to highlight ,explain and discuss the Scottish Government post diagnostic commitment and I found it very interesting and educational .Helensbugh fall within one of the test areas for this new commitment so it was good to learn more about it

Well done to dave for taking to the floor and explaining all and to Jean for helping us lose the quiz ,(I Kid) .but the mention of the day goes to Margaret for sharing her experience and insight to her life caring for her Loving Husband I know how difficult this can be as ITS  the basis of my own campaign

A wee photo with Chris ,Dave and Jean from Alzheimer Scotland and Margaret

Tommy Whitelaw
Dementia Carers Voices



1 comment:

  1. Jean ArmitageMarch 01, 2013

    Thank you Tommy it was lovely to have you and Chris along, couldn't have our team winning the prize and having everyone shouting 'fix' :)
    Like you I would like to say a huge thank you to Margaret, who spoke with passion and directly from the heart.
    Best wishes from all at Helensburgh Dementia Resource Centre

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...