Saturday 20 April 2013

Home from speaking at Labour Party Conference carer’s fringe meeting Inverness

Hi  
After a whirlwind 3 days its 10pm and I am back home .I left Glasgow just before Midnight on Thursday on the sleeper Train to London for two talks on Friday The first of which was at the Alzheimer show followed by speaking at the launch of the Camden dementia Plan at Camden town hall (you can view my previous posts at the links below re both events
After the two talks in London I got the sleeper train to Inverness to speak at a carer’s fringe event organised by shadow health secretary Jackie Baillie. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to speak at all 3 events big thank you to all who took time to attend, today also gave a great opportunity to meet and chat with Msps, City councilors and many across the care and voluntary sector in attendance and who had stands .so a lot of time on trains, traveling but most importantly I hope raising awareness. So back home now and I will start on Monday contacting many of the people I met to look for I hope more opportunities to attend speak or raise awareness, at future events
Please see below some photos from today and links to the 2 talks on the day before



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...