Friday 19 April 2013

Thanks to all at the Alzheimer's Show London

After a longer than expected train journey thanks to the train breaking down  I finally arrived better late than never in London this morning to speak at the Alzheimers show

A big thanks to Sara and the events team for their kind invitation and the opportunity to share my story of caring for my mum and the life stories of those who wrote to me with their audience. Thanks also to all who came along and took the time to stop by and speak to me afterwards.

Im making my way across town to Camden town hall where I have been kindly invited to speak at their dementia awareness event, then jumping back on the train up north to speak at the Labour party conference in Inverness.

A very busy couple of days, and Im very grateful to all of those who have set up these opportunities for me to raise awareness and share this story as widely as possible

Tommy




1 comment:

  1. Well done Tommy. You've really been getting about these past few days! I'm reading good tweets about you at the Alzheimer's Show. Congrats Tommy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...