Friday, 8 February 2013

Its OK TO ASK- starting A new carer engagement film with NHSGG&C –CHP


Its Ok to ask  starting  A new carer engagement film with NHSGG&C –CHP  

Hi

I will very shortly (beginning March) starting working on a new carer engagement film with NHSGG&C – CHP ,the ALLIANCE AND Enterprise Screen .This film I hope will try and help with a struggle I personally faced whilst caring for my  mum .Asking for help and who to ask for help .My dad was a hard working welder and asking for help along did not come easy we are a proud private people at heart .this led to us nearing a crisis point from not wanting to ask to being to lost and in desperate need of  help. I personally wish I had asked for help. sooner .As a campaigner I campaign for better understanding ,and respect and dignity to all, but alongside that I feel it’s a tragedy to not know how to ask or about help that is available  I hope in some small way this film followed by some road shows will reach out to families and avert them reaching a crisis. We should at all-times have the best of help and guidance at our fingertips. I am grateful to all the partners involved in this project and it also forms part of the message in this campaign being able listened to and part of ,and I thank NHSGG*C for taking the time to meet with listen to and involve a son and carer

Thank you

Tommy       

Tommy Whitelaw
Dementia Carers Voices

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 09, 2013

    Tommy - just listened to your interview on Radio Scotland. I only cared for my dad for a few weeks whilst working full time before I had to ask for help. I was lucky. A doctor and social worker listened and I got the help my dad badly needed. But I had an idea of how and where to ask and wasn't afraid to do it. Many can't so well done to you and your campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

‘What Matters to You? launches summary report for 2017

What Matters to You? launches summary report looking back at What Matters to You? Day 2017. The  2017 What Matters to You? Day (WMTY ...