Thursday, 21 February 2013

March 5th Speaking to Nurses involved in mums end of life care Might be the toughest talk of all






Hi

I have been invited to do a talk to the nurses and staff  involved and who cared for my mum  over the last months of her life. My mum was very rarely in hospital of the 5 years I cared for her .my mum sadly passed away on September 22nd and between early August and then mum was admitted 3 times.Each time for a week with different health issues  and passed away on the third admission .So I am grateful to NHSGG*C for inviting me to do a talk about life caring for mum ,the life stories and people I have met on my tour. to staff on the 3 wards mum was admitted to including A&E. This talk will also include our experiences over the times mum was admitted followed by Q&A session

My campaign is based on talking about life caring for mum ,her life, her greatness the letters ,the life stories ,the amazing families I have met, but at the back of my mind I cant help feeling this just might be the toughest talk of All

I met yesterday with the ward managers and we have agreed the talk will be on March 5th 

Tommy       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

‘What Matters to You? launches summary report for 2017

What Matters to You? launches summary report looking back at What Matters to You? Day 2017. The  2017 What Matters to You? Day (WMTY ...