Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Caring for my mum and hiding my broken heart

HI  
Night times are becoming one big struggle just now, loneliness, sadness and exhaustion to name but a few  feelings and emotions BUT they are nothing compared to my broken heart just now. My mum in my eyes is just the greatest and I won’t allow her to be viewed otherwise and I certainly don’t allow her to be viewed as a just a person with dementia  
She is Joan Whitelaw, my mum, a great woman but I can’t stop the sadness I feel when I go to bed .I try to hide my sadness all through the day to care for my mum best I can and I puff my cheeks out to campaign when I can, but mending this broken heart, that’s just feeling harder every day Dementia is taking its toll on my mum and as a son bearing witness its doing its best on me also. At night i cry,  we sleep ,we take on tomorrow like we took on today .with love pride and hope
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

‘What Matters to You? launches summary report for 2017

What Matters to You? launches summary report looking back at What Matters to You? Day 2017. The  2017 What Matters to You? Day (WMTY ...