Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Sun is shining and we got out today for a walk round the park

Good Morning 
Well it’s a beautiful morning and my wee mum has had her morning bath and the plan is to get mum dressed and out in her new wheel chair for a walk round the park If you read this blog you will know my mum has been pretty much confined to her bed /chair lately .we tried last week to get out but the weather and my mums health conspired against us, our chances and ability to do many things have shrunk at quite a pace ,but I want my mum to get out and get fresh air and feel the sun and breeze on her face .i know not to far away that going out will not be an option but it fees like it is an option today and one we will try and take


well we made it out for a walk ,but it poses more questions than answers ,it was a wee bit of a struggle ,i have to ask myself  ,are my hopes and ambitions for my mum too much ?
i am not sure but if felt amazing to get my mum out of that bed ,room and house and let her feel the sun and breeze ,not sure if we will mange again ,but we did today

Tommy  

1 comment:

  1. good idea, wish i was with you both! Lxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...