Monday 4 June 2012

Dementia awareness thinking about walking Glasgow to London next year to collect more life stories

Hi
Last year I launched my campaign with a walk round Scottish cities to raise awareness and collect life stories, I have been overwhelmed by the amazing response to this campaign ,I am thinking about walking from Glasgow to London next June to raise awareness and collect more life stories or even a relay of carers walking through towns and cities much like the Olympic torch handing over letters and life stories to the next town /city to be carried forward ,this would be great to get volunteers and carer /dementia organizations  who do great work  all involved ,working together, working as one  to raise awareness and help tell the story of living with and caring for a loved one .its jus an idea at this point ,but then so was my walk round Scotland a year and a half ago
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...