Wednesday 6 June 2012

On this Day last Year I launched my Dementia Awareness Campaign with walk round Scottish Towns and Cities

Hi
On June 6th last year I launched my Dementia Awareness Campaign with a walk round Scottish Towns and Cities to collect life stories to take to Parliament. Since then I have received hundreds of life stories and met with our Deputy First Minster on a few occasions to hand over the letters and discuss Dementia and Caring, I believe in life stories ,I believe our lives in our own words is the best way to bring more understanding and help I hope if you can you will share your experience good or bad in order to help others ,so thanks to all who have shared their stories ,who I have met over the last year ,who have supported and been part of this awareness campaign and have invited me to groups and talks ,also thanks to all who help me care for my wee mum Joan  The campaign to raise awareness continues, I hope you can help by sharing you’re experience ,you can email me at tommy@i-woz-there.com you can also view or share my blog and  short film shown at parliament at the links  below
Thank you all and I look forward to another year of campaigning
Tommy and his wee mum Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...