Saturday 2 June 2012

A peaceful bank holiday to all, lots of talks and meetings lined up

Hi
Wishing a peaceful bank holiday weekend to all .I had a positive meeting yesterday with Susan Aitken the SNP  social care spokeswoman at Glasgow City Council ,I met with Matt Kerr the Labour Social care lead Last week .i am hoping we can all work together to do good awareness raising on both Dementia and Caring. My free 18 hours cover per week are looking pretty full for the next while with talks and meetings, starting this week with a talk to staff and families at the Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice on Tuesday followed by a wee talk with old friends and good supporters of my campaign at Glasgow North East Carers on Thursday then a meeting with Simon Hodgson chief exec of Carers Scotland on Friday
On the personal front hopefully the wheel chair I ordered will arrive today to allow me to get my mum out and about for a wee while for some fresh air and social interaction
Tommy    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...