Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Trying to work it all out


Yesterday and last night where particularly difficult, as A son and my mums carer for the last 5 years I had to try and be strong for my mum and hold it all together from the shock of my mum being rushed to hospital, the 3 days fighting for her life to a week organizing the funeral I had to do the best I could to hold it all together/ Yesterday and last night sitting here alone a whirlwind of emotions hit me for six .What happened to us over the last years ,months and weeks ,how did we get through it why was it so hard  I am struggling to find any comfort at the moment  and my memories are all of a struggle and fight in fact we fought to the end .iI know the main reason we got through it ,but she is no longer here ,My Wee Mum even as I fell apart beside her at times ,even with all  she faced my mum was the strength behind us .was I really my mums carer ,or was she in the midst of tragedy still caring for me ,it’s a bit of a fog of hardship and mistakes at the moment ,I hope I can remember better days soon as I sit here trying to work it all out
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000

This week Dementia Carer Voices is going to the Scottish Parliament to celebrate the over 14,000 we have received over the years on our ‘Y...