Sunday 21 October 2012

With thanks to Duncan Ross for speaking about his dad, my wee mum and the campaign during his resolution on Kinship carers


A big thanks to Duncan ross  for speaking so bravely and emotionally about his dad and mentioning  my wee mum at the end of his seconding a resolution on Kinship carers at the SNP Conference today and for the lovely round of applause the delegates gave both his speech and for my wee mum .Duncan also kindly got in touch a few months back via twitter and shared his story about his dad on my blog in order to help  raise awareness I speak about my mum at talks all the time ,but hearing someone else speak about her brought me to tears and I had to leave the hall for a wee cry
Thank you for sharing you’re story previously on my blog, today in front of the conference and for the kind words about my mum and campaign
Thank you Duncan
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...