Tuesday 3 April 2012

Speaking at Bailleston Community Care Tomorrow,,,,,,,,

Good Morning
I will be back to speak with carers at Bailleston community care tomorrow .David and Amanda accompanied me to Parliament last November along with other carers and groups  when I met with and handed over letters to the Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon .I look forward to meeting them all again and updating them on my progress to date.
I will also be pooping into my local carer group today Pollok Carers ,Linda from the group is helping me with my own personal care package something I have paid to little attention to since becoming a carer ,when I started this campaign I was lost ,lonely and struggling,  Since i started my journey to find out more about how others managed   I have been to many carer groups and pay tribute to the work they do .So now after months of thinking about it ,its time to get some help and advice on my own life and  feel better already after some of the help offered and quite sad  about all the help iv missed out on for my mum and I due to not taking up the chance earlier in my life as a carer
Will also be popping in to visit the social care ideas exhibition today at the arches in Glasgow
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...