Wednesday 4 April 2012

With Thanks To Maureen Child Edinburgh City Council

please see below  from maureen ( Councillor Maureen Child | Labour Elected Member | Portobello/Craigmillar (Ward 17) who earlier this year got in touch to learn more about my campaign and life caring for my wee mum
I thank her for her interest and for the kind words and making true the promise she made when we met
recently had the privilege to meet Thomas Whitelaw, a carer who is raising awareness of dementia and their carers along with Alzheimer's Scotland. Tommy cares for his mother and campaigns to raise awareness of the condition and the plight of carers across Scotland, making sure all their voices are heard at the most effective levels of government.  "I return to Parliament in a few weeks and as a son and full time carer, caring for a mum who struggles with vascular dementia. I rely on your support and help. I truly believe in the letters and life stories sent from families and carers. I truly believe this is the best way to bring a better understanding on how we feel, live and cope to the wider public and powers that be. Please help me raise awareness and collect life stories; life stories I believe will help others."  In response to Tommy's inspiring campaign, I made sure that the City of Edinburgh's Council, congratulated him on his campaign so far and agreed to consider a major report on dementia to its next Health Social Care and Housing Committee meeting in June. I strongly recommend you watch this short film shown at the Scottish Parliament at this link: http://tv.enterprisescreen.co.uk/watch?v=347

TOMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...