Sunday 29 April 2012

Thank you for the Life Stories Letters and e-mails

Good Evening
As I sit here at home after another lonely weekend caring for my wee mum ,watching her suffer and struggle with this terrible illness and struggling as a son to bear witness ,It confirms my belief that in order to bring better understanding and help to others who will face this tragic journey,we have to share our stories on how we live and feel.Only the true story of dementia can bring the correct understanding  and help So even though I sit here in sadness I sit feeling privileged and overwhelmed by the amazing people who have shared their stories not Dementia from a text book but Dementia by the families who face and have faced this illness, together we can tell the true story of living with and caring for a loved one

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...