Sunday, 26 August 2012

Dementia &Caring Trying to raise awareness in its truest form ,your words can help

Hi

For the last 5 years I have been a full time carer for my mum Joan who has vascular dementia and for the last year I have been raising awareness doing talks based on caring for my mum ,the letters and e mails people send describing their experiences, I do this without funding and in my 14 hours respite cover I get a week .This has resulted in some ,what I believe to unique opportunities to help raise awareness and bring a better understanding on how we live to decision makers ,the care sector and the wider public. I hope you can add to the hundreds of life stories I have already received to  help with some of the projects below, your thoughts and opinions can help others its not a protest ,its not a petition, its our lives in our words  

You can add you’re story by e mail at tommy@i-woz-there.com

Motion Glasgow city council

Dementia through art project

Paper on life stories with a leading university (to be published and shared)

Reports to deputy first minister every 3 months

Tour of talks AND engagement with NHS gg&c

You never know it might be your story that makes people think and bring more understanding

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

‘What Matters to You? launches summary report for 2017

What Matters to You? launches summary report looking back at What Matters to You? Day 2017. The  2017 What Matters to You? Day (WMTY ...