Tuesday 14 August 2012

Tommyontour more talks lined up ,,,,,,,,,,

 Hi
My wee Dementia and Caring awareness campaign continues please see below some more confirmed voluntary talks during my free hours ,thank you to all the people below for inviting me to their events and groups and for the amazing support
August 24th
   Meeting con Gillespie and Sandra Shields nurse consultants for dementia for NHS gg&c to discuss future talks and involvement
August 27th
     Attending the launch of BletherBox Dementia community online forum
     August 31st
    Guest speaker social work Glasgow service mangers meeting
September 3rd
Social care ideas factory launch of Trade School Glasgow
September 13th
     Lockerbie carers support group
September 26th
    Guest speaker at NHSGG&C event Royal Alexandria Hospital
October 5th
    Guest speaker at NHSGG&C event beardmore hotel Clyde ban
October 8th   
     Kirkintilloch Baptist Church ( East Dunbartonshire council )
 October 12th
         Bearsden Baptist Church ( east Dunbartonshire council )
October 18th
carers link dementia supprort group
I also have the following projects to work on  

My Motion Passed Glasgow city council AND MY Dementia through Art Project Gartanvel royal hospital along with making Tommyontour 2 a new film
I also hope to re visit carer centers across Scotland to collect more life stories and update on my progress
The awareness campaign continues my blog, story and film has just reached 35,000 views and is on many sites across the world  including NHS Glasgow
I am proud to be my mum’s son and to raise awareness on dementia and caring
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...