Sunday 19 August 2012

My hope to start a dementia & carer focus group ……..

Hi
I feel with the amount of correspondence I have received it would be great to start a National Dementia and carer focus group ,bringing together families who have experience of living with or caring for a loved one with Dementia .a group that can help tell the story of dementia and the letters I receive to work alongside government and local authorities to give open honest opinions ,thoughts and be involved in discussion with no relationship to fundraising or supplying services  .a group of volanteers with no outside interest or involvment other than dementia awareness and certainly not of protest or petition .I feel this is the best way to bring more awareness and understanding .A group set up to open the discussion with honesty ,experience and with openness there are amazing people out there ,it would be great to get you all in a room and see what we come up with that’s of good and of value and of help and from the heart and experience   
I hope I can find a way to make this work

i plan to write to people who have snet me letters this week

tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...