Friday 31 August 2012

Tommyontour more talks and meetings added today

Hi
the campaign to rasie awanress continues at pace
 I am privileged and honored to say I have many more talks and opportunities to raise awareness coming in every day, in my quest to raise awareness  and collect life stories to help bring more understanding, I look forward to the opportunities below to speak about my life caring for my mum ,the letters I receive and the people I meet .our lives in our words
 August 22nd
Deputy first minister visits my mum at home
August 24th
Met with dementia consultants
Con Gillespie Sandra shields NHS gg&c 
Augusts 27th
Attended launch of BletherBox dementia on-line forum in Perth
August 28th
Met with Cllr Kerr at city chambers to discuss my motion and engagement
August 30th
Meeting with Sw Glasgow adult services lead at home  
 August 31st
   Guest speaker social work Glasgow service mangers meeting
September Social care ideas factory launch of Trade School Glasgow
September 6th Attending Glasgow north east carers to speak to group
September 7th Meeting and speaking Glasgow south west carers parents group
september 12th speaking to helath s/care students reid Kerr college
September 13th Meeting and speaking at Lockerbie carers group
Septemver 17th meeting Jackie Baillie Shadow Health secretaty  
September 18th Meeting and speaking at Bailleston community care, carers group
Wednesday 26th September 2012Speaking to NHS staff Via NHS gg&C the Lecture Theatre in the Royal Alexandra Hospital. Speaking to 100 Doctors /nurses
October 3rd  Springburn Residential Home speaking to staff and familes
October 5th Speaking at NHS gg&c Event beardmore hotel to around150 doctors and nurses
October 8th     Kirkintilloch Baptist Church (East Dunbartonshire council)
 October 12th   Bearsden Baptist Church (east Dunbartonshire council)
October 18th carers link dementia support group
october speaking at the SNP Conference
march 2013  speaking at SDRCN  conference
November 28th  Angus carers (PRTFC)
I also have the following projects
Motion Glasgow city council
Dementia through art project
Caledonian university nursing and social care .speaking to students and working on my letters   
All of the above done on a voluntary basis
Tommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...